Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Another year-end music Top-Of list: Surprisingly good

Pigeons & Planes - Best Albums of 2013


The ubiquitous "Top of" list is a year-end fixture on the web, and music most certainly fits the bill. I tend to be rather annoyed with such things as they tend to be quite biased or subjective. 

But thanks to Facebook and my myriad like-minded and -interested friends, I was proposed a "Like" suggestion for the Pigeons & Planes site─a variety show blog of all things entertainment, trivial and current with regards to the indie and hip hop music scene─with a smart, funny, acerbic narrative compiled by a troupe of dedicated and insightful bloggers. In short, I liked the page and am happy to post its Top-30 Albums of 2013 here.

I would like to point out a few outstanding mentions on the list, namely the bands AlunaGeorge, young Brit duo Disclosure, Rhye, New Zealand indie band Lorde, French electro dubstep phenom Gesaffelstein, Poliça and (of course, my local Montreal favourite) Arcade Fire.

Enjoy and all the best for the holidays!

The Winer

No comments: